This month our focus is on one of our newer members, Kanzen Karate. Kanzen Karate is a social enterprise committed to building better lives through Karate via the advancement of public participation in sport and education.
We operate accessible core classes across Dundee & Angus and provide opportunities for all ages. Karate is a life long activity based on sound values providing participants with enhanced physical fitness, mental wellbeing, building confidence and many other benefits. Kanzen is about providing opportunities to all regardless of background. We are a community organisation committed to making a difference to the communities to which we operate.
Over the last 12 months, Kanzen has:
- Provided thousands of online lessons throughout the pandemic, allowing people to stay active and well at home
- Provided over 800 free 1-1 lessons to keep people engaged and well at home
- Provided free to access counselling for those aged 16 Years+
- Provided free to access home tutoring for primary school children most in need of additional support
- Provided free online seminars with international experts including World and European Champions
Our services are accessible to all and we work in partnership with a variety of other organisations. We are members of SCVO, DSEN, Angus SEN, SENSCOT and Social Enterprise UK.
Kanzen Karate is a registered charity in Scotland: SC050587.
Kanzen Karate has exciting plans for the year ahead, collaborating with other organisations on projects, using karate as a vehicle to engage with people of all ages and we will further information here. To find out more visit Kanzen’s website and social media pages.
Each month we would like to feature one a story about one of our members. If you have some news, or are keen to raise awareness of a project or piece of work then please do get in touch!